Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Random Shit I Think About At Night

So do you ever wonder why your past tends to repeat itself, but sometimes in a different fashion and sometimes in exactly the same way?

Or do you ever wonder why your past (a person) tends to come back and find you in the present?

How come people, who don't even stick by you for as long as they can, always come back to say something new or to try to rekindle the remnants of a broken friendship?

Again, what compels us to forgive the acts that upset us the most?

For example, I used to like a guy a long time ago, when I was a senior in high school, or maybe a junior. I was completely fascinated by everything about him and never found a boring moment being with him, but no matter what I did, he would never truly open up his heart to me. It ended up pulling us apart as well. He also, after telling me we should just be friends, got a girlfriend who ended up hating me and talking all this shit behind my back about me. He never seemed to care that she did these things to me, so I left him completely. I put my feelings on the back burner and tossed our friendship aside and grew some type of hate for the person he turned into, not the person I used to know.

I used to think this guy had feelings for me, I thought that maybe the words about me making a very large and important impact on his life were true. But he forgot about me as quickly as I had let him go.

Here's the weird part, what in his head made him decide to hit me up and be my friend again? What in his head made him decide to message me and tell me that he moved back into the area?

He wants to hang out. I know I'm way beyond our past bullshit because it's been so many years. But I feel like it would be awkward to even hang out with him with our old friends. I feel like the situation would be much too weird and I'd have absolutely nothing to say.

Why do these types of situations always happen to me?

I meet tons of new people each month, but it's rarely a new person that ends up trying to contact me and peak some kind of relationship albeit friendship or "relationship."

Why does your past come back and interrupt your future?

Weird isn't it. I guess you get what I'm saying now. Just a random string of thoughts that plagued me today. Why does this guy want to hang out with me? Do we really never move on and stop talking to someone completely? How true is, once a friend, always a friend?

Strange.

Maybe I should hang out with him and come back and tell you how awkward it was.

I'm honestly not complaining, I'm open to forgiveness and making old ex-friends, friends again. But it's just a weird concept. What is it about human nature that makes us feel this way? Rekindling what's old.

No comments: