Monday, January 19, 2009

Natural History Museum of Los Angeles

So, I went to NHM with my cousin Matt. The cousin that I'm ALWAYS with. He's practically my roll dawg. Haha. Anyways, here' some random pictures I took. Please excuse the poor quality, I was using my phone.

*btw it feels really weird to type b'cus one of my fingers has a bandaid on and it's starting to go numb lol.

Okay so, these pictures posted backwards. I'm going to give detail backwards then, starting towards the end of the day then to the beginning.


I took this picture of the bathroom wall when I was at a Jazz Cafe in Little Tokyo watching Matt's cousin Vex (from Super Crew)'s band Punch. They were super rad.

Boa Python skeleton, pretty dope huh? Believe it or not, I used to have a Python, I also had an Iguana.

Real people working on a T.Rex's bones. They're working on putting it up for display, still cleaning it

It was a T.Rex lab, you could walk by and see everything.

Matt thought the shadow looked dope, unfortunately I have no flash.

Triceratops. It was pretty massive, I can't even explain.
You have no idea how huge that walrus was, that's the only reason I took a picure.


Okay this Oarfish thing, I've never heard of and I wish I took a better picture but it was loooonggggg as fckkkkk & ugly as hell.


I just thought this meteorite looked dope. Shit's forreal, it's got crosshatches on it, probably melted all the minerals down on impact into the earth's atmos.
Yeah these things just looked weird as hell. But huuuuuuge, Like I wana say they were 3-4 feet long.

Now this Megamouth thing was nuts. It's actually a breed of shark. It has bristle teeth much like a humpback whale and pretty much feeds off the same stuff. It was HUGGGEE, I wish I wrote the stats down, but it was freaking me out.


I'm a girl. I thought the baby was cute.
This thing was ridiculously massive as well.

I love wolves.

I thought the hall looked dope, if I had a real camera, I would've been more artistic.

They were eating a Zebra, sadness. I love Zebra, everyone knows.





This picture reminds me of every movie that was ever filmed at museums like this one, like Harry Potter for example when he puts his cousin in the snake pit and makes the snake come alive or something. Or those freaking movies where the lovers are sitting in the middle dramatizing, yeah you catch my drift.


Scaled model of the entire city of Los Angeles, it was pretty big, I fucked up trying to get it on an angle.


Me and Matt actually ate first before doing anything. I was fucking starving. I was joking around with him too, 'bout driving all the way to LA jst to eat mac & cheese & apple juice. & I felt like a little kid during snacktime.


The end, or rather, the beginning of the trip.

Matt and I decided to do all this spontaneously, we had 7 hours to kill. We're going to do museums everytime we get bored in the afternoon. That's our shit, you have no idea how much we love education, lol.

No comments: